Re: Preventing database access (including valid users in

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Allan Kamau <kamauallan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Preventing database access (including valid users in
Date: 2005-09-27 14:57:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 06:09, Allan Kamau wrote:
> Interesting scenario, I have a user who owns database
> objects (tables, sequences) in a database, now I have
> decided not to allow the user by connect to the
> database by excluding the user's username from the
> database – username association in the hba.conf, I
> restarted the server. However the user can still
> connect to the database, and the user can query the
> objects they own but cannot query objects they do not
> own in that database. Is this the expected behaviour

Personally I think you've misconfigured your pg_hba.conf. If you'd like
to send it along with your db version you might be able to get a more
definitive answer.

> and should I explicitly change ownership of the
> objects.

Well, it doesn't make much sense to me to have a bunch of objects in a
database owned by someone who will never be allowed to connect to that
database.

Robert Treat