Slony in pgAdmin

From: Tomasz Rybak <bogomips(at)post(dot)pl>
To: pgAdmin Hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Slony in pgAdmin
Date: 2005-09-18 20:57:50
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

As I might need Slony in my project, I decided to look
at it more closely.

What's with Slony-I support in pgAdmin?
Is someone working on it?

When I use right-click New Object->Slony-I Cluster,
window appears, but on the bottom there is string:
"Slony-I creation scripts not available; only joining possible."

I tried to look into source code, but I'm not sure where to start,
and what should be done.
Is there any plan of implementing Slony support in pgAdmin?
For example:
1. Create code for creating, deleting and managing clusters.
2. -''- -''- nodes.
3. -''- -''- sets, adding tables and sequences.
4. etc.

And, if I've seen correctly, pgAdmin doesn't use slonik,
and creates it's own queries to do things in cluster.
Is it right?

I'd like to start playing a little with code.
If I start, I hope I won't get into someone's area,
so if someone is working at Slony support,
please let me know, and tell what's left to play with.

I think that the best place to start would be
cluster code, located in dlgRepCluster and slCluster.
Is that right?

And one last question.
There is no Slony documentation in pgAdmin, isn't?

--
Tomasz Rybak <bogomips(at)post(dot)pl>