Re: seg regression failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: seg regression failures
Date: 2007-03-23 16:11:14
Lists: pgsql-patches
> Anyway, I think you probably need to load up the old debugger  and put a
> break point in the overlap function ... surely the error can't be in
> float4in or else we'd have seen other regression problems.

One of the failing test cases is for seg_over_left, which is so trivial
that it's pretty hard to believe even a Microsoft compiler could get it
wrong ;-).  My bet is something wrong in segparse.y or possibly
segscan.l, leading to garbage seg values being produced.  We've seen
segparse.y trigger compiler bugs before --- look at its CVS history.