wrong order of drop ... create ... sentences

From: Diego Gil <diego(at)adminsa(dot)com>
To: PgAdmin Hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: wrong order of drop ... create ... sentences
Date: 2005-09-17 02:53:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Hi:

I just realized that I am having the following trouble :

If open properties of a table, to adding a column i.e., and that table
has some constraints, the SQL tab show code similar to :

ALTER TABLE circulation.deliveries ADD CONSTRAINT
deliveries_delivery_type_id_fk FOREIGN KEY (delivery_type_id)
REFERENCES circulation.deliveries_types (delivery_type_id) MATCH
SIMPLE
ON UPDATE RESTRICT ON DELETE RESTRICT;

ALTER TABLE circulation.deliveries DROP CONSTRAINT
deliveries_delivery_type_id_fk;

(there are other constraints, deleted for easing the lecture)

which cause an error because constraint already exist: DROP is after
ADD. And these code should not appears at all, because I did not any
change to these constraints. Usually says "--nothing to change" or
similar.

It is a bug or I am doing anything wrong ?. I guess I am using revision
4442.

Regards,
Diego.