Re: Uploading and loading

From: Steve Poe <spoe(at)sfnet(dot)cc>
To: couloir007(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: Pgsql-Novice List <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Uploading and loading
Date: 2005-08-15 09:36:45
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sean,

I am not sure what platform the database file is on, but that may not
matter at this point.

1) What, if any, error messages are you seeing from the Postgres?
2) if you have size limitations, have you considered compressing your db
dump file first?
3) If you have Putty installed, you should have access to scp as well
which would allow you to securely copy the db file without having to
depend on ftp. If not, download the full putty self-extracting files and
try again.

Steve Poe