Searching docs (.doc .pdf .xls .txt) stored in a PGSQL database

From: liam(dot)friel(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Searching docs (.doc .pdf .xls .txt) stored in a PGSQL database
Date: 2005-07-09 13:46:57
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

not too certain if this is the right group, but this seems like a very
basic question to which I do not know the answer.

We have a website with a PGSQL backend. Provides various project
management services over the web.

One of the things that users can do is post documents to their
projects. These documents are stored in the database itself (PHP
base64_encoded). Any type of document can be uploaded, with the common
ones being .PDF, MS Word, Excel, plain text)

Is there some obvious way that I can allow searching of these document
contents?

Any hints gratefully accepted.

Liam

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Michael AvilaDate: 2005-07-09 19:06:06