MS Windows ODBC datasources

From: Steve Tucknott <steve(at)retsol(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: PostGreSQL <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MS Windows ODBC datasources
Date: 2005-06-20 19:14:43
Lists: pgsql-novice
Postgresql 7.4.5 Redhat 8

I want to use Postgresql as a datasource in an MS Excel spreadsheet,
connecting from the client PC to the Linux server. I can see Windows
ODBC driver downloads (MSI) on the main postgresql.org site. Is that the
best way to go - and what is the difference between the various releases
on there (is just simply a case of pick up the latest one - seems like a
large variance in size between the 8... and 7... versions!)?
Lastly, how does the ODBC driver connect to the server (does it require
telnet/rlogin/ssh...? type service on the server).

--

Regards,

Steve Tucknott
ReTSol Ltd

DDI	01903 828769
MOBILE	07736715772

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: alexDate: 2005-06-21 06:08:08