pg_dump: Exclude multiple tables in version 7.4

From: cha <chandresh(dot)rana(at)metrixline(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump: Exclude multiple tables in version 7.4
Date: 2007-06-19 05:42:08
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi All,

I want to  dump the database by using pg_dump command but the problem is the
version at the server is 7.4 which doesn't support the provision for
excluding tables as in version 8.2.

There are 500+ tables in the database,from which 15-20 are of huge sizes.I
want to exclude them.Is there any way to do it?

I knw that I have to use include instead of excluding the tables.Do I have
to include each and every tables manually or is there way to do that?

Do i have to write the script for this? if yes, how should I proceed?

Please help me out with this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Sent from the PostgreSQL - admin mailing list archive at

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Albe LaurenzDate: 2007-06-19 08:09:56