Awards on/from the Home Page, please

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Awards on/from the Home Page, please
Date: 2005-05-31 20:51:39
Lists: pgsql-www

I notice that the Awards section is two levels away from
www.postgresql.org homepage. I'd like to persuade y'all to bubble up the
link to a more accessible and visible position on the web site.

PostgreSQL has won a major technical award almost annually since 1999,
and last year it won 3.

MySQL has not won an Editor's Choice award since 2002.

MySQL has won many awards, but many of those have been as a venture
capital driven company, rather than purely about the product which is
the only thing that can be compared with PostgreSQL.

Could we put something on the home page, please, with a big yellow
splash/explosion next to it?? Or at least something to say we won the
awards. With the usual elegance and artfulness, of course.

I'm sure the Editors gave us the awards with an eye towards us
mentioning the fact they had been given fairly prominently....

Best Regards, Simon Riggs