PostgreSQL - linked with MSSQL

From: "pk2(at)o2(dot)pl" <pk2(at)o2(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL - linked with MSSQL
Date: 2005-04-29 00:32:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello, nice to meet you!

My name is Piotr. I live in Poland.

I'm going to make a connection between
PostgreSQL and MSSQL.
I have WinXP+MSSQL2k+PostgreSQL 8.0.2 (psql, PgAdminIII),
on the same machine.
I need to import data from MSSQL to PostgreSQL
or make SELECT from MSSQL beeing on PostgreSQL.
That would be perfect (I mean beeing in Postgres
and importing data from MSSQL. Then I tranform the data,
make analysies).
Another solution (less interesting for me but probably easier)
would be linking Postgres Server in Ent. Manager.
To be honest I'm a complete "green horn"
when talking about configuring odbc/jdbc/ole db etc.
Are you able to help me? Would you have enough patience?
What information do you need from me?
I'll describe everything I did in details.
Thanks,
Piotr.