Re: Client Authentication problem

From: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
To: Vaneet Sharma <vaneet(at)iwg(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Client Authentication problem
Date: 2005-04-27 17:13:14
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 11:43, Vaneet Sharma wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using postgreSQL 8.0.2
> I configured the database, started postmaster. It is running well. I
> can check and see it with ps anx command.
> I am running postgreSQL on centos 3.4 and Centos 4.0 machines
> Well, I created a database called test as well by command line on
> secure CRT
> Now the problem is that:
> When I try to connect to my server using pgAdminIII, it is giving me
> the following error :
> "Error connecting to the server: could not connect to the server: No
> route to host ( 0X00002751/10065).
> Is the server running on host and accepting TCP/IP
> connections on port 5432?  "
> I have read pg_hba file and also included the IP entry of my machine
> from which I am connecting
> Entry Is below:
> host    all         all
> trust

This sounds like a networking problem right now.

I note that the IP you're trying to connect to has a
while the host you're connecting from needs to be
Since 192.168 is generally not routed around a lot, I'm guessing you've
got a dns  / etc/hosts issue but can't really be sure.

what does 'traceroute dbhostname' say?