Re: smallint vs. boolean (was invalid string enlargement

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: smallint vs. boolean (was invalid string enlargement
Date: 2005-04-13 16:02:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 10:09 +1200, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Change the column type so it is a boolean, change the hibernate mapping
> so it calls setShort(), or create the implicit cast as I suggested.

I got it to work with some PL/pgSQL functions, implicit casts, and
overloading the = operator (smallint, boolean). I'll strongly recommend
to the vendor that they rewrite the Postgres DDL for their product to
use booleans for boolean fields, but in the mean time are there any side
effects I should worry about?

Glenn Holmer gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com
Software Engineer phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc. fax: 414-908-1601