Re: pgsql 8.x libpq.dll Installation problems

From: rabt(at)dim(dot)uchile(dot)cl
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql 8.x libpq.dll Installation problems
Date: 2005-04-12 21:34:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Found solution!. Recently I've discovered that my account belongs to the power
users group, so I've managed to create a limited account named postgres which
runs initdb.exe with no problems. Thank you all guys for your support.

Here is a summary of the steps:

1. Download postgres-8.0.1 sources.
2. Download and install MinGW an MSYS
3. Open msys.exe and cd to postgresql source dir
3. Do configure --without-zlib
4. Do make install
5. Move created /usr/local/pgsql to final destination, i.e. D:\PostgreSQL
6. Included D:\PostgreSQL\lib and D:\PostgreSQL\bin to PATH variable
7. Added limited account "postgres" with corresponding password
8. Open cmd.exe under postgres, i.e. runas /user:DOMAIN\postgres cmd
9. Execute initdb -D D:\PostgreSQL\data -W -E LATIN1
10. Execute pg_ctl -D D:\PostgreSQL\data start....and there you go

Then fire up pgadmin, psql or whatever client you want.

Rodrigo Abt,
Chile.

Mensaje citado por rabt(at)dim(dot)uchile(dot)cl:

----- Fin del mensaje reenviado -----