Re: pgsql 8.x libpq.dll Installation problems

From: rabt(at)dim(dot)uchile(dot)cl
To: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql 8.x libpq.dll Installation problems
Date: 2005-04-12 14:16:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi John,

I compiled postgresql under MinGW with no flaws at all, it's straightforward.
However when I start initdb it complains about administrative rights, that I'm
SURE I don't have. I checked permissions and ownership too, and I left full
control only to the user I'm working (which has no administrative permissions).
I tried using "runas /user" and it doesn't work. I've downloaded
postgresql-8.0.2beta1-no-installer.zip version, uncompressed it, changed paths,
and it complains about libea.dll library. ¿Am I missing something?

Rodrigo,
Chile.

P.S.: On cygwin works perfect under the same user.