Re: Ignoring the limited user-rights by using ODBC

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Goeke, Tobias" <TGoeke(at)ElectronicPartner(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ignoring the limited user-rights by using ODBC
Date: 2005-03-29 17:55:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 15:12 +0100, Goeke, Tobias wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I created a new user in a new schema.
> This user is only authorized to select the views in this schema.
> If i look at the tables and views for this user by using "\d", there are
> only a few views shown.
> That means that the rights are correctly set.
>
> Now the real problem:
>
> If i connect to the database via obdc with this user, all schemes are shown.
> So i am able to select all the tables and views e.g. in excel, although the
> user isn't autorized.

Have you verified that the user can actually select from the tables or
can the user just see that the tables exist?

Have you verified that you are actually connecting as the limited user?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> I should only be able to select a few views, like it is configured in psql.
> How can i constrain this?
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Thanks
> Tobias

Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting
Open Source Authors: plPHP, pgManage, Co-Authors: plPerlNG
Reliable replication, Mammoth Replicator - http://www.commandprompt.com/