Re: double Statement.close() (on AIX 5.1)

From: Victor Sergienko <singalen(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: Dave Cramer <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: double Statement.close() (on AIX 5.1)
Date: 2004-02-24 13:52:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello Dave,

  I understand that. However, the other JDBC drivers we use don't have
such an issue. Their connection pool might remember the statement's
owner thread or something excessive like that.
  Anyway, it's not about close()s on Connection, just on Statement or
PreparedStatement.
  And moreover, implementation issues should not affect interface.

DC> You are absolutely correct this should not happen. You do however
DC> realize that close on a PooledConnection returns it to the pool?
 [skip]

>> As JDK java.sql.Statement.close() documentation specifies, calling
>> Statement.close() on already close()d statement should have no effect.
>> It's the way Oracle and MS SQL drivers behave, but PG driver throws
>> this exception.
 [skip]
>> Thank you.

Thank you and thank Kris.

--
Best regards,
 Victor                            mailto:singalen(at)mail(dot)ru