timestamp precision - can I control precision at select time or set for all time?

From: "mroyce(at)gmail(dot)com" <mroyce(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: timestamp precision - can I control precision at select time or set for all time?
Date: 2005-03-16 22:57:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a database with several tables that use timestamp without time
zone type. I upgraded from an older pgsql and have code that does not
expect the precision in the select output. Is there a way I can get the
effect of zero precision without modifying all the tables?

The docs say it usees "default precision" as set in the "timestamp
literal". I wasn't able to find docs describing what literals are. If
there's a way I can set this to zero precision for everything, that'd
save me a bunch of time.

with thanks,
Royce