Re: "Get to know PostgreSQL!"-presentation

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: oddbjorn(at)tricknology(dot)org, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "Get to know PostgreSQL!"-presentation
Date: 2005-03-08 20:55:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 17:04 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Oddbjrn Steffensen wrote:
> > Last week, I did a PostgreSQL presentation for our local LUG.
> > While the presentation slides are far from perfect, contains a
> > few glaring mistakes and omissions, I think it turned out pretty
> > okay. It is available from:
> >
> > http://www.tricknology.org/foilware/postgresql.pdf
> >
> > It is currently in Norwegian only, but I think it's possible to get
> > a grasp of the contents for everybody.
> >
> > Iff there is interest, something like this could perhaps be trans-
> > lated and extended to form a basic presentation toolkit, which
> > can be adapted to various presentation needs, re: the requests
> > for a 'standard' presentation which pops up on this list from time
> > to time?

That looks like a very good 2-4 hour presentation to me. Cool.

> Oh, great. I was looking for you. I have to do a 45-minute PostgreSQL
> introduction on March 22. Is it possible to have it translated into
> English by then and emailed to me?
>
> If not someone has to put together something and it will be hard.

I'll upload my recent 45 min presentation from Sheffield LUG; it was
well received by an audience of 33% PostgreSQL users, 33% heard-of, but
not users and 33% wassat? people. [Soon]

I think its probably in a different direction from Oddbjorn's, so it
will be good to have the choice of two.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs