Re: Call for vote, next meeting location

From: "Steven Ericsson-Zenith" <steven(at)semeiosis(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: SF PostgreSQL <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Call for vote, next meeting location
Date: 2005-02-25 22:43:09
Lists: sfpug

--bound1109371389

My vote is A, with no disrespect to Casa Donde.

I would also come if the meeting was on the Berkeley Campus - I have other
things to do there that would mitigate the trip.

While considering preferences - I would also prefer the meeting start at 7 -
especially if it is at Berkeley.

Steven

Josh Berkus wrote ..
> Folks,
>
> Early on for SFPUG, we decided to alternate meetings between SF and
> Berkeley/Oakland, because our membership is spread out over the Bay Area.
>
> However, I can't help but notice that attendance at the SF meetings has
> been
> significantly higher than the Oakland meetings, by a factor of 2, for the
> last year.   This is probably because we do not have a meeting location
> within easy reach of BART in the East Bay.
>
> Therefore, I would like to take a vote.   Please pick either A, B, C, or
> below:
>
> A. I will attend the March 9 meeting if it is in San Francisco at Hyperic
> or
> ShareChive, but NOT if it is at Casa Donde in Oakland.
>
> B. I will attend the March 9 meeting if it is at Casa Donde in Oakland,
> but
> NOT at a location in San Francisco.
>
> C. I will attend the meeting regardless of location.
>
> D. I will NOT attend the meeting regardless of location.
>
> Of course, if someone offered us a meeting location near BART in
> Berkely/Oakland then this discussion could be mooted.    Hey, UCB folks,
> perhaps you could book us a meeting room?
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco