Re: SELECT returning too many rows (?)

From: rob <rob(at)dsvr(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SELECT returning too many rows (?)
Date: 2005-02-09 07:59:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs
> If you have the time, it would be interesting to dump out the rows with
> pg_filedump (see  I usually use
> "pg_filedump -i -f" to get the most useful display.  Looks like you need
> to dump pages 3, 5, and 7 of that table to see all three rows.

I have the results however they wrap rather badly when pasted into an
email. I can provide them on request.

I noted in the log an entry from the vacuum that night :

2005-02-08 01:32:36 [17212] WARNING:  index "q_certs_pkey" contains 235
row versions, but table contains 233 row versions
HINT:  Rebuild the index with REINDEX.

Doing so failed with a 'duplicated values' error. Instead I have had to
remove two of the dupe rows as time is pressing on.

Thanks anyway.

Rob Fielding
rob(at)dsvr(dot)net                                             Development
Designer Servers                                    Business Serve Plc

    "I don't pretend to understand Brannigans Law. I merely enforce it"
        - Zapp Brannigan