Re: patch for temporary view from TODO list

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Koju Iijima <koju(at)fast(dot)fujitsu(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch for temporary view from TODO list
Date: 2005-02-02 05:52:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> Maybe I'm reading the wrong thing, but the only uses of CASCADED-with-
> a-D that I see in the spec are in the context of WITH CHECK OPTION,
> which this patch does not implement.

Precisely; prior to the patch, WITH CHECK OPTION was documented in the
CREATE VIEW reference page, it was merely done incorrectly ("CASCADE",
not "CASCADED"). This patch corrects that documentation. Whether it is
worth documenting the syntax of unsupported features in the first place
is questionable, but if we're going to do it, we may as well do it
right.

-Neil