Re: password authentication always failed

From: Akbar <melinda_sayang(at)hotpop(dot)com>
To: "Mike G(dot)" <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: password authentication always failed
Date: 2005-01-20 17:56:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

This is what I remember...
I installed postgresql. Then as root, I add user postgres.....
Then:
initdb -D /bla/bla/bla
pg_ctl -D /bla/bla/bla start
Then I import database....
Then....
psql mydb
In prompt, I add garfield user.... who can create database but not
another user.....

Then.... I did what I have told to mailing list in first post of this
thread, that is:
$ su postgres
$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/proj -U garfield
$ psql -U garfield -f mydb.sql template1
$ psql -U garfield mydb