Re: version 8 - fedora-legacy rpms

From: "James - listmail" <jtl2nospam(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: version 8 - fedora-legacy rpms
Date: 2005-01-19 13:16:40
Lists: pgsql-ports

OnMon, 17 Jan 2005 20:26:32 +0200 (EET) Devrim GUNDUZ wrote..
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, James - MRB listmail wrote:

Thanks for the quick response Devrim

<snip>
>> Can you give consideration to supplying the v8 release candidate packages
>> as Redhat 7.x SRPMS also please? [..]

>We have RC1 (S)RPMs on any FTP mirror. Please check:
>http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.0.0rc1/srpms/

I did thanks... But there seems to only be support for Fedora
Core.
Not fedora legacy Redhat Linux 7.x 8, 9!
Of these, FCx is less likely to be seen on production servers
Old Redhat Linux production stuff is still in use., and updates are fedora-legacy.

>RPMs for RC5 are also ready but we did not release them -- it's only 2
>days to final release. Maybe you'd like to wait for those packages.

If nothing before Fedora Core is being supported, I'm stuffed.

Eventually I intend to migrate, but I've no plans for FCx at all.

Perhaps someone here is also a fedora-legacy contributor?
If so, it might be worth the effort to maintain the SRPM .spec file that used have
options for building on 7.x 8, 9

Cheers
-- James

-- James

To reply to me DONT delete the "nospam" from
the Reply To or From addresses.