Re: pg_dump - foreign table - server name is not quoted

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ronan Dunklau <rdunklau(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump - foreign table - server name is not quoted
Date: 2011-11-28 16:51:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Ronan Dunklau <rdunklau(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> When dumping foreign tables, the server name is not properly quoted,
> which leads to unrestorable dumps.

Clearly a bug.

> Please look at the attached test case and the proposed patch.

I think this patch is not in keeping with typical coding practices in
pg_dump.  Usually we prefer to retrieve names from the server as-is,
then apply fmtId() when printing them --- this is more flexible than
having possibly-pre-quoted names in pg_dump's internal state.

Will fix it the latter way.  Thanks for the report!