Re: More Code Page wierdness

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More Code Page wierdness
Date: 2005-01-11 18:11:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 12:08 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >>That was what was bothering me too. It's hard to interpret Simon's
> >>report in another way though.
> >>
> >I'm open to other suggestions as to why "*" would not work, when other
> >explicit settings do....
> >
> >...especially something that gets fixed by changing the code page.
> >
> >I do agree that its hard to see whats going on... I spent 4 hrs on a *
> >

> Can you hex dump a file edited with various code pages in place and see
> what different values an asterisk gets? That should settle the question,
> shouldn't it?

Your questions are now bothering me too, yet I lack another explanation
for why "*" would not work...

Unfortunately I do not have further access at this time to that system,
but am still involved. rc5 is being installed soon and we can try to
repeat the issue.

Please don't spend anymore time on this until we have a re-verified
problem on rc5.

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs