Limiting user privileges

From: Tad Marko <tmarko(at)metrosplash(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Limiting user privileges
Date: 2005-01-10 17:19:10
Lists: pgsql-admin
Howdy!

I'm coming to postgresql from mysql, so I have a few preconceived
notions that are causing me some trouble. Specifically, I'm trying to
create users that have limited privileges on one database. It appears
that by default, a new user has a lot of privileges all over all the
databases.

1) How can I remove all privileges from all databases for a given user?

2) If I put back insert, delete and table creation privileges only on
one database for a given user, will that user magically have all sorts
of privileges on any databases that are created after doing #1 above?

Thanks,
Tad
--
Tad Marko <tmarko(at)metrosplash(dot)com>

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Lee WuDate: 2005-01-10 17:45:15