Re: Comment #1946 was rejectd by xzilla

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Comment #1946 was rejectd by xzilla
Date: 2004-12-23 19:32:33
Lists: pgsql-www
On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 13:50, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> nobody wrote:
>
> >Author: XYZ <XYZ(at)X(dot)XOM>
> >Page:   7.4/datatype.html
> >----
> >Will Numeric(1000,2) take the maximum disk space needed to store
> >1000 digits? Or will it take only as much as needed to store the
> >current number?
> >
> >Why isn't there a way to make a NUMERIC(scale) i.e. NUMERIC(2) that
> >have 2 places after the point, but can be of any size?
> >

> I am starting to think that more and more people are going
> to use the web comments as forums. Perhaps we should consider
> not allow comments at this time?

People have always done that (and worse, the comment you reported
yesterday was from last october), the bonus is that now we have a way to
keep the comments a little filtered.

I will say thought that the admin script are a little buggy... when I
rejected this comment, I thought I would be taken to a web page to allow
me to explain why the comment was going to be rejected, but after
authenticating i was given some redirect which require authenticating
again which brought me to a "it's been rejected" screen... ie. i never
got a chance to explain why I rejected it (was going to tell the person
to point to the mailing list).

On another one, I clicked the edit screen and instead of getting a box
to edit the content, I just got a search box to look for comments.

I think both of these things need to be fixed, but otherwise I still
think this is an improvement over what we had, and that we might want to
take some time to clean up the old entries.

Robert Treat