Re: hungarian postgresql site

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Laszlo Hornyak <kocka(at)forgeahead(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hungarian postgresql site
Date: 2004-12-22 14:19:55
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 16:45, Laszlo Hornyak wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 03:07, Laszlo Hornyak wrote:
> >

> >>Hi!
> >>
> >>I would like to start a hungarian website to create a postgresql user
> >>community in hungary and to help beginners. I have the resources to start
> >>the website, but I would need a nice domain name. the postgresql.hu domain
> >>is already token by a company, and they do not use it. Can I get ask for
> >>DNS service from the postgresql team?
> >>
> >>I think "hun.postgresql.org" or "magyar.postgresql.org" would be ok.
> >>

> >Would you rather do that or translate the new website? Take a look at
> >http://wwwdevel.postgresql.org/ and you'll notice the little "page also
> >available in" bit at the bottom.
> >
> >Robert Treat
> >

> Hi!
>
> Wow, I havent seen this before, it is really nice :)
> It looks like a static site, or is there a CMS behind?
> Anyway, yes, it is a good idea. How can I do the translation? Simply
> html edit? :)
>
> Laszlo

Apologies for the slow reply, been awfully busy lately. If I understand
it correctly, the main things you need to do are translate the .po file
in the code
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgweb/cvs/cvs.php/portal/po?Horde=62be0bc15be27ff745e3b915a59e3c72

and then there is a directory of html files that need translating
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgweb/cvs/cvs.php/portal/template/en?Horde=62be0bc15be27ff745e3b915a59e3c72

Robert Treat