Re: Dump from cygwin directly to windows

From: Mike G <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dump from cygwin directly to windows
Date: 2004-12-21 03:38:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ok,

I didn't think you could do a restore as a non-superuser. I had
executed the command on the remote(cygwin) machine in this case. I
didn't specify a user to have it run as on the windows side (thought it
would default to postgres).

On the cygwin side I did execute it under a non-superuser domain
account.

When I first saw all the \N errors I thought it was a unix to windows
end of line character conversion error.

Thanks for your help.

Mike