set variable for TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: set variable for TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD
Date: 2004-11-29 15:43:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I would like to test, how storing one biggish (~450 bytes bytea) column
into toast table would affect my applications performance.

is there a way to set the values used for this using some SET variable
or some column in system tables.

or is my only option to build a custom version of server with changed
TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD/TOAST_TUPLE_TARGET (in
src/include/access/tuptoaster.h) as advised by Tom Lane in
http://listcrawler.com/message2.jsp?id=53577

Hannu