SQL:2003 TODO items

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Troels Arvin <troels(at)arvin(dot)dk>,Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: SQL:2003 TODO items
Date: 2004-11-28 21:50:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Could I suggest that we re-work the TODO list slightly, with regard to
mentioning the ANSI SQL standard?

As of last count, we have 14 items listed which would take PostgreSQL
into full SQL:2003 Core conformance. Troels Arvin has recently listed
some of these as "low hanging fruit" in the recent thread about SQL
conformance related patch,

Some SQL:2003 features are mentioned in other parts of the TODO list,
though we don't refer to whether these are Mandatory or Optional (e.g.
MERGE is Optional). ISTM that it would be useful to group the Mandatory
ones together into a new section of the TODO list: "SQL:2003 Core".

I'm aware that a number of those are possibly deliberately not
supported, in which case, we could mention those in brackets or simply
leave them off the list etc..

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs