Re: this mailing list is proposed to be retired

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Adam <thomas(dot)adam22(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2009-03-26 01:23:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Thomas Adam <thomas(dot)adam22(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I find it amusing that "low traffic" implies some level of
> irrelevancy.  What a load of tosh.  This list has a purpose, it
> *serves* that purpose, and does so well.

Not counting this thread itself, since January 1 this list has had
22 posts, all but five of which were demonstrably off-topic (assuming
that that Javascript thread in January should have been on pgsql-jdbc).
Of the five, three were a single thread about ECPG, and the other two
were questions that went unanswered.  So in other words, there's been
*one* effective, on-topic exchange in three months here, and a much
larger volume of stuff that should have gone somewhere else.

The list looks pretty moribund to me :-(.