Re: Vote on Omar Design

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vote on Omar Design
Date: 2004-11-19 16:33:34
Lists: pgsql-www
On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 22:53, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'd like to push for a vote on Omar's design.   Overally, I'm pretty impressed
> with it and Omar seems willing to put in the effort required to get the site
> (including Advocacy and Techdocs) fully ported before or around 8.0.   Time's
> a-wastin'!
>
> So, votes that we let Omar proceed and offer help on getting content ported to
> the 2nd design he submitted (with minor adjustments)?

Why do I feel I am in the middle of some political power grab?  Omar has
been submitting patches which are being reviewed and getting committed
so things seem ok there. I have already laid out a case for problems in
Lukacz's design that I don't see anyone interested in addressing, but by
the same token I still have not seen a "stretchy" version of Omar's
design which we have said we need to see before we can swap. These calls
for voting are just hand-waving IMHO.

Robert Treat