Re: BUG #5121: Segmentation Fault when using pam w/ krb5

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Douglas, Ryan" <RDouglas(at)arbinet(dot)com>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "pgsql-bugs" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5121: Segmentation Fault when using pam w/ krb5
Date: 2009-10-16 20:15:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Douglas, Ryan" <RDouglas(at)arbinet(dot)com> writes:
> You were right. According to the trace msg[0] is null.

Hah. This must be triggered by something Active Directory does that
a KDC doesn't, because I'm still not seeing it here. But anyway the
problem is clear now, we have to avoid referencing msg[0] when num_msg
is zero.

Please try the attached patch and see if it behaves sanely for you.
This is based on openssh's PAM callback, so it ought to be more
robust than what we had. (This is against 8.4 branch tip, but it
should apply to 8.4.1 with maybe a few lines' offset.)

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
pam-fix.patch text/x-patch 5.4 KB