Re: PITR docs enhancements

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PITR docs enhancements
Date: 2004-11-14 11:16:37
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 05:38, Gavin Sherry wrote:
> Just some docs enhancements based on feedback I received from a few recent
> talks on PITR.

Gavin,

You change includes this phrase:

write them onto a tape drive (ensuring that you have a way of restoring
the file with its original file name)

to me, it seems you are saying that only tapes have the requirement to
restore with the same name. That comment applies to all methods. If
there is a particular command/mechanism that gives that problem, we
should name and shame it. Tape is good, tape commands may not be.

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs