diff -c please

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: diff -c please
Date: 2004-11-14 10:51:14
Lists: pgsql-patches

This is a time when many patches are arriving, so reviewing patches
efficiently is important.

My understanding was that diff -c was the only approved patch submission
format, but I note at least 3 people have submitted patches in other
formats in the last week.

It often seems like there's only a few people on the lists, but many
people are watching. Sticking to diff -c format helps those people to
review and comment back.

I've not always done this myself, so forgive me for casting the first
stone. This isn't aimed at anyone, just a general comment.

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs