Re: 8.0 Release: DE

From: Anastasios Hatzis <ahatzis(at)ithcorp(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.0 Release: DE
Date: 2004-11-01 09:10:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 01:38, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Germany/German Europe: (Peter? Cornelia?)

Mails to de(at)postgresql(dot)org are replied by Cornelia and me since release
7.4. I don't know if Peter still monitors this mailbox, I didn't have
contact to him since v7.4.

> What the Press Contact will have to do is:
> -- collect a list of "local" tech press to send the release to. If any of
> these press are English-language, clear them with Josh to make sure that we
> don't double-mail anyone (you can ask for help from others to do this!)

I still have my local tech press list here. If nobody suggest other
Cornelia or me would send press release to same media as for 7.4. The
list covers Germany and German-speaking press in Switzerland. Austria
press could be covered by Ewald.

> -- operate the [country-code](at)postgresql(dot)org e-mail address and answer
> questions from the public and the press there

see earlier in this mail

> -- preferably provide a phone number to take phone calls from reporters

Since release 7.4 phone number is 030-20005020 or +49-30-20005020. If
anyone else wants to provide a phone number please drop me a note, Josh.

> -- be willing to take direction from Core and the community on what to talk
> about with the press

Directions always welcome :-)

Anastasios