Re: Getting Started

From: Chris Mair <list(at)1006(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting Started
Date: 2004-10-18 08:38:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

> I really could use some assistance getting the system started. I also
> will need a clickable icons and two programs to start and stop the db
> with auto start on reboot.

Did you install the precompiled version linked from here:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/postgresql.html

I've seen it was made for 10.2, while you're using 10.3. That might
be an issue.

Or did you compile the PostgreSQL sourcecode?
Then, have you checked out this link?
http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/postgres.html

Tell us more about what you did so far...

I don't think using 8.0 will resolve your problem, since it's
more of a packaging-for-your-OS-problem than a PostgreSQL problem...

Bye, Chris.