Re: BUG #1286: indices not used after a pg_restore

From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)initd(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, fog(at)initd(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1286: indices not used after a pg_restore
Date: 2004-10-14 11:06:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> > After a pg_dump/pg_restore (using the tar format) queries that were using
> > the indices don't use them anymore until the indices are dropped and
> > recreated. After that the indices are used the correct way.
>
> I do not believe that you remembered to ANALYZE after restore.

unfortunately for your belief, i remembered. :)

also, this problem can be replicated at will. i can send a dump that
exposes the problem if necessary but i'll need some time to purge
customers data and create a dump a can freely send.

--
Federico Di Gregorio http://people.initd.org/fog
Debian GNU/Linux Developer fog(at)debian(dot)org