Stored Procedures and pgAdmin

From: howler(at)bigbadwolf(dot)org
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Stored Procedures and pgAdmin
Date: 2004-10-07 20:36:50
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to PostgreSQL and pgAdmin. I apologize if this has been answered
before, and I'm sure it has, but I've not found the answer yet. What I would
like to know is how do I add a stored proc to PostgreSQL using pgAdmin?

I've tried creating a new stored function and such, but after I select the
procedure name, return type etc, and go to the SQL tab I am unable to enter my
SQL statments. I'm sure that I'm not doing something correctly as it occurs on
both Linux and Windows.

If there is documentation on how to do this would someone please be so kind as
to send me a link? I'm not adverse to reading. :-)

Thanks in advance,
John Brosan