Re: Customizing SSL with jdbc

From: Kris Jurka <jurka(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: chinmoy <chinmoy(at)avaya(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Customizing SSL with jdbc
Date: 2004-09-14 23:58:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 07:47, chinmoy wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks for the reply. The only thing special about the factory is
> that it has access to the server certificate that is bundled with the
> client jars and is not installed in the jvm's trust store. I agree the
> static method is not the way to go as it affects all the connections. In
> my specific case it is okay as I know all the clients using the
> connections in agiven client jvm.

What about an additional URL parameter like
sslfactoryfactory=com.mycompany.myfactory, where the provided class must
implement something like:

package org.postgresql;

interface SSLSocketFactoryFactory {
public SSLSocketFactory getFactory();
}

Seems like this could work. Thoughts? Any other SSL options and things
people would want to tweak?

Kris Jurka