Shared memory bug

From: Rikardo Tinauer <rikardo(at)ebaeu(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Shared memory bug
Date: 2004-09-11 14:46:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hello,

I don't know whether this really is a bug or is just
something I don't know how to configure in the db.

I wrote a PL/SQL stored procedure which performs a
huge transaction cca. 2 milion record insert.

The procedure performs transacting and atfer a while
error is thrwn: out od shared memory.

Up to this point everything is OK, even error is OK since I
have very modest shared memory segment configured in .ini
file.

But here comes something I think it is a bug. Shared memory can not
be recovered from this point on. Everthing operation I try to
perform on db says: out of shared memory. And the only option
I have is to shutdown postmaster and start it again.

We are testing postreSQL to run it in production, but this is
unfortunately untolerable for us.

This strange behaviour is with version 8.0.0 beta1

With regards, Rikardo

P.S.: If this is not a bug, please tell me how to correct it.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Estevan RechDate: 2004-09-11 15:05:55