Re: Candidate new site design

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, lark(at)no1-else(dot)com
Subject: Re: Candidate new site design
Date: 2004-08-25 19:47:59
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 15:29, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > No ... Over the past month, I've had a couple of ppl actually sign up
> > for a full year in advance, and am getting more and more inquiries
>
> How does this work? Entity A (you) makes contracts that require that
> entity B (postgresql.org web site) performs certain actions. That
> sounds pretty backwards. What if someone else comes along that makes
> contracts that the site has to be green? Who decides these things?
> What happens with the money?

Not that I want to defend the banner ads but this was all discussed long
ago and agreed to (more or less) by a number of people. Check the list
archives, if they don't have anything I am sure someone could send you
some specific emails.

Oh, the money currently goes into an account maintained by hub.org, with
the intention to have the money go to the foundation once the ducks are
in a little nicer row.

Robert Treat