Re: Is it a worthy case study?

From: Robby Russell <robby(at)planetargon(dot)com>
To: Michalis Kabrianis <mk(at)interzone(dot)gr>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is it a worthy case study?
Date: 2004-08-13 15:56:49
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 13:52, Michalis Kabrianis wrote:
> Hi all
> our company has implemented an online reservation-sale system for
> tickets, for one of the three bigger Greek Football teams.
> So far it's been very stable and we haven't idenitified any performance
> issues.
> It's obviously been based on postgres (apache-perl-linux are the other
> components) and I was wondering if it would be worth to write a case
> study advocating PostgresSQL.
>
> a) What do you think about that? Would that interest you?
> b) What is usually to be included in a case study? Numbers (of
> rows/tables/hits per day etc ) or something else?
>
> Thanks in advance for any answer

I think that any advocating of this sort is well appreciated. The more
people know about PostgreSQL the more attention it gets. :-)

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR | robby(at)planetargon(dot)com
* 503.351.4730 | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP/PostgreSQL Hosting & Development