WARNING: dup(0) failed after 3195 successes: Bad file descriptor

From: Mike Leahy <mgleahy(at)fes(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WARNING: dup(0) failed after 3195 successes: Bad file descriptor
Date: 2004-08-04 06:47:33
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hello list,

I'm just reposting this question, that didn't get feedback a few weeks ago.  I
can't for the life of me guess why I'm getting this error in the logs when the
postmaster service starts.  I've got it running in cygwin on XP Pro (SP2),
originally with ipc-daemon, now with cygserver.  I've seen similar postings
about this answer, but I can't tell if anyone has actually resolved it...

A better description of what I've done to try to fix this is below...

Any guesses/suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike