Moving DB von Postgresql 7.3 to 7.4

From: Tobias Graf <tobias(dot)graf(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Moving DB von Postgresql 7.3 to 7.4
Date: 2004-07-29 08:36:36
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hallo,

I've a quick question about a problem I have moving a database from V7.3
to V7.4.

I have an old database in version 7.3, unfortunately on my system
(Debian Sarge) the version 7.4 is installed, so the server will not
start. I downloaded V7.3 and compiled it, which worked fine, but when I
now start the server, I get the following message in the log:

PANIC:  The database cluster was initialized with HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP
        but the backend was compiled without HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP.
        It looks like you need to recompile or initdb.

I like to recompile with HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP, but I couldn't find out,
how to tell "./configure".

Best Regards,
Tobias

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)Date: 2004-07-29 11:23:30