Re: CVS in docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS in docs
Date: 2010-09-21 22:38:17
Lists: pgsql-docs
Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> writes:
> Do references to the CVS need removing now that everything is on GIT?

The chapter about CVS obviously needs to be replaced.  I was talking
to Magnus about that earlier, and we both felt that that needs to be
back-patched, if only so that there are non-obsolete repository URLs
in the next back-branch updates.  I'm not sure that we need the
tutorial-ish description of how to do checkouts etc, but at the least
we need the URLs.

A quick grep suggests that there are a dozen or two other passing
references to CVS in docs and comments, which'd be worth cleaning
up in HEAD, but probably not worth back-patching.