Re: Small suggestion

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Small suggestion
Date: 2004-07-01 13:22:38
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 22:05, David Fetter wrote:
> Kind people,
>
> I'd like to propose putting a link to
>
> irc://irc.freenode.net/postgresql
>
> somewhere near the top of the front page of www.postgresql.org? I
> think it would help newcomers quite a bit.
>
> What do you all think?

Honestly? I think people using irc are a dieing breed :-)

People are probably better off going through the lists anyway, since it
exposes them to a wider list of helpers and their problems get archived
for others who follow. I do think we should have a mention in the FAQ
(which I think we do) and possible a link in the "lists" section since
it seems to most resemble a "get help" section...

Robert Treat