Postgres tuning?

From: Simon Windsor <simon(dot)windsor(at)cornfield(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Postgres List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres tuning?
Date: 2004-06-29 21:30:51
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi

I am in the process of converting a small multi-user application from
MySQL, and most queries are performing better. The only noticeable
exception is a batch load, which is half the speed of MySQL version.

What are the basic parameters I should be focusing on for best
performance ?

- sort_mem
- shared_buffers

Many thanks

Simon

--
Simon Windsor
Email: simon(dot)windsor(at)cornfield(dot)org(dot)uk

believed to be clean.

pgsql-general by date