Re: pgadmin3 for FC2

From: "Scot L(dot) Harris" <webid(at)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: "Fernando J(dot) Leal" <fjleal(at)ingeniumatica(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 for FC2
Date: 2004-06-25 14:20:39
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 06:27, Fernando J. Leal wrote:
> Hi all!
> Are there any pgadmin3 binary for FC2 already?
> I've been trying to build it from source with no success.
> Thanks a lot! ;-)

Several of us have hit the same problem.  Joe Conway tracked down the
issue.  Apparently in FC2 they no longer export certain internal gtk+
functions which wxWindows was using.  (see my earlier posts with the
specific errors).

Joe sorted out a patch which rebuilds the gtk+ libraries to export the
internal functions.

Earlier this week this problem seemed to get the attention of a few
additional people so there may be a better fix in the works.

For the moment I am using the pgadmin I build under a Redhat 8.0 system
to connect to my FC2 box when needed.

I was able to get pgadmin built under Redhat 8.0.  Just needed the patch
for the configure file and to make sure ssl was built into postgresql.

Scot L. Harris

Thou hast seen nothing yet.
		-- Miguel de Cervantes